How to add a WeatherPixie to your Facebook Profile Page
WeatherPixie isn't available as a Facebook application (yet) but it's still relatively easy to add one to your profile page. Here's how:
- Next to the Applications link in the left hand navigation, click "edit", then click "Browse More Applications" and search for an application called "HTML Box"
- Add the application to your profile
- Click "edit code" - this will display a textbox something like this:
- In a new browser, go to http://www.weatherpixie.com and click My Pixie.
- Use the dropdowns to configure your pixie the way you want it then click "Set my Pixie".
- In the right hand navigation click "View HTML code for this Location".
- A textbox should have appeared containing some HTML code. Select all the code and press Ctrl-C to copy.
- Now switch back to Facebook, paste the code into the HTML Box application, like this:
- Click Update
- Click Edit Code again
- Next comes the hardest part - you need to tell Facebook to keep updating the image as the weather changes. To do this, look on the second or third line of code and select all the code between these quotes: src=" ". Make sure all the code is selected but don't include the quotes, then press Ctrl-C to copy.
- Click the link to "Add Media" in the top navigation
- Scroll down and paste the copied code into the "Image URL" field at the bottom of the page. Then click Add.